Thursday, March 4, 2010

Turning Roses into Peonies...I'm magic

Hi friends!

Here's a tutorial on how to turn silk roses into peonies, that you can do on any surface...I chose to do one on one of my old blue throw pillows. Peonies have got to be my most favorite flower in the world. They are so beautiful and delicate. There's something frilly and uber girly about them, which is probably why I love them!

What I used:

  • Blue throw pillow
  • 4 White fake roses
  • Scissors
  • Glue gun

Take your flowers

Photobucket

And pull off the backing and each layer...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Discard any plastic pieces and arrange petals in piles by size...

Photobucket

Starting with your smallest size , pinch together the tops of the petals, and the center will make a point

Photobucket

Put some hot glue on the tip of that pont, and place on the surface you are gluing your peony...for me, it's the center of my pillow. This petal will be the center of your flower.

Photobucket

Do the same for the rest of your smallest sized petals and cluster them around the center petals.

Photobucket

Once you have used all of the smallest sized, move on to the next size up and continue to cluster outside the smaller petals

Photobucket

Do the same for all the sizes, except for your largest peatals

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now for your largest petals, cut them into individual petals

Photobucket

Glue the tip, or the point of the petal, and glue them all around the outside of your cluster , but lay these flat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ta-da! A peony from roses!

3 comments:

Hollister said...

That's neat, 'cause they were NOT cute roses, LOL. Now they are cute!
I like this blog ^_^

Amy@LittlePinkDollhouse said...

lol thanks Holly!! Yes I agree, those roses, were not so cute!

Jennifer said...

WOW! Your very talented! That looks amazing!